CAMES MISSION STATEMENT
We the members of the Colorado Association for Medical Equipment Services, believe that in order to meet our social responsibilities, we must promote sound business practices, and we must provide high quality, cost effective health care and health care alternatives to meet the medical needs of the communities we serve.
CAMES is an organization made up of medical equipment companies including oxygen delivery services and supplies, medical supplies, orthotics and prosthetics, wheelchairs, hospital beds, rehabilitation equipment, and many other specialty medical items. CAMES follows healthcare trends and provides medical equipment information to the community.
We work to accomplish the following:
- CAMES positively impacts regulatory and legislative change benefiting our clients / patients and our businesses.
- We promote the positive perception of the HME industry to the general public, the healthcare industry and our legislators.
- In an environment of ever increasing competition for state and federal reimbursement, we provide networking opportunities encouraging the birth of new ideas, increasing collaborative efforts and strengthening our sphere of influence.
- We foster high standards for the safe, efficient and ethical provision of medical equipment services. Through educational programs, we “raise the bar” on business practices within the industry and continually promote personal and organizational development.
- We establish a standard of conduct within our industry fostering the well being of all parties involved.
Issues of Interest
CAMES follows many issues but the following seem to be the most important public policy issues for this legislative period of time, both on a state and local level.
- Medicaid Reimbursement Reductions
- Competitive Bidding
- Access to quality care for our patients/clients
- Affordable healthcare
- Adequate reimbursement to our businesses serving a very vulnerable population
- An environment in which our businesses can also grow